Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dncae

If someone was to ask me what was my favorite thing in the whole wide world, I'd have quite a hard time deciding. I'd linger from hobby to hobby that I enjoy practicing; theater, singing, playing the piano, writing etc. I'd also consider music: the one thing that keeps me whole, or maybe fitness...
That being said, my final answer would be dance.
I've been dancing since I was about three, and I haven't stopped since. I trained at a school close to my house for many years in jazz and ballet , but last year I transferred to a new school. There, I get to do every type of dance under the sun, and that in only one course. Although I admire and love this way of learning, I have to admit that it's a shame we don't excel in all the different styles. Of course, there's only so much you can do in a two hour weekly class.
Though, at this dance school, there is scholarship program with up to six hours of dance a week and I realllllllllllly want to get in. I've been practicing like everyday on my flexibility (I have all my splits; WOUHOU) and my pirouettes (doubles on both sides) , so that's putting all the chances on my side, I guess.   I will train my body so dam heard this summer so that I can get into this program. I've never wanted something so much in my whole entire life.
Other than that, I think I've improved enormously in the past year. For one thing, I was, basically , the school choreographer. I made up and danced the dances for the theater group, and for the final secondary four showcase. Choreographing gave a whole new dimension to my love of dance.
Plus, to keep my inspiration at a maximum, I've been watching a ton of videos on Youtube about ballet dancers, movies (Center Stage, oh my god:  Center Stage Trailer) and reading tons of blogs to improve my technique. I've even been trying to listen to more rap to get better at hip-hop. (I've done everything from taking a reggae class to copying moves from amazing hip-hoppers... but that style just doesn't go with my body!) Finally, So You Think You Can Dance Season 10 just started a few weeks ago, and it has kind of become my new favorite show. Ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment